Me and the Hubby love being outdoors, we love camping, walking, climbing, and generally getting close to nature, so the choice between an indoor and outdoor wedding was a tough one.
Here are my pros and cons of an outdoor wedding which ultimately swayed our decision to indoor:
- Opportunity for beautiful scenery
- Allows a blank canvas for decorating to suit your style and taste
- Opportunity for unique venues i.e. farms, barns, marquees
- Amazing photo opportunity
- Animals can be included in the wedding
- No restrictions of space
- Could provide an unforgettable wedding for being so unique!
- Could be cheaper compared to a grand wedding in a castle!
- An outdoor wedding may create instant sentimentality if at a place that is special to the happy couple
- Typical English weather letting you down
- Some hotels charge you for the outdoor AND the indoor space in the event of bad weather
- Creepy Crawlies
- Needs to be registered to allow weddings
- Long dress = potential dirty dress
- Cloudy weather could affect photos
- May restrict accommodation for guests
- Organising could be more complex as you would literally need to provide everything from flooring, to chairs, to tables wear, to lighting)
- Sound can be lost in a big open space, some guests may not be able to hear the main event from the back row
I would have loved an outdoor wedding, but when it came down to it, I was too much of a wuss to take the risk. However, some venues can create an outdoor style wedding without being back to basics in a field! An amazing example of such venue would be Camp Katur in Bedale Yorkshire.
I discovered Camp Katur when they registered with SoonlyWeds, and decided to plan my best friends hen weekend at this beautiful venue as she was an adventure thrill seeker. We booked a safari tent that slept 8, which provided a perfect balance of comfortable amenities but being based in the wilderness. The tent had a large dining table, a kitchenette, sofas, beds, log burner and outdoor bbq- hot running water was a bonus too! Our weekend consisted of a high ropes adventure course, a night of fine dining in a bbq hut and relaxing in the economic spa!
If I could plan my day again I would definitely consider this beautiful and unique venue! SoonlyWeds <3 Camp Katur.